What you learned: Edit photos in the Develop module
- Select a photo to edit in the Library module. Click Develop at the top of the screen to switch to the Develop module.
- To adjust the brightness of a photo, try clicking Auto in the Basic panel.
- Use the Basic panel sliders to fine-tune an adjustment. For example, drag the Exposure slider to brighten or darken the entire image; use the Highlights slider to adjust light areas; and use the Shadows slider to adjust dark areas.
- To bring out detail and texture, drag the Clarity slider to the right. To soften an image, drag the slider to the left.
- If a photo looks dull, drag the Contrast slider slightly to the right to increase the difference between light and dark areas.
- To make an image more colorful, drag the Vibrance slider to the right.
- Experiment with the Temp slider to change the overall color to a warmer or cooler shade.
- To undo an adjustment, choose Edit > Undo or press Control+Z (Windows) or Command+Z (MacOS). To remove all adjustments, click the Reset button at the bottom right. The History panel lists every adjustment you’ve made. Click an item in the History panel to return the image to that state.